1. used as a friendly greeting
2. the abbrevation of the state of Hawaii: the beautiful place in which we live.
3. a sustainable goods shop on the island of Kauai
Hawaii Says Hi was initially established with the express interest in using our various skill sets and gifts to serve and spread Aloha through the way we do business. Graphic designer, builder, print maker and artist came together in hopes of offering a curated mix of enduring goods that were both functional and beautiful for a healthy home and lifestyle here on Kauai. It has always been important to us both to know where our products are made and have a relationship with the businesses making the products whenever possible. We have also found there is tremendous value in offering products that contain clean ingredients and encourage sustainable living. We make as much as we can in house (original art, woodcraft, a hammered gold jewelry line as well as the layout and graphic design of our labels and screen printed tea towels & totes). We are also proud to have had the opportunity to support many local businesses by carrying their product lines over the past few years. We have recently expanded to become Kauai’s first "refill station” in hopes of inviting our customers (and ourselves) to become more conscious consumers. This recent transition in becoming a "zero waste shop” offers a full and effective line of essential cleaning products which we are proud to be offering Kauai a practical solution to substantially cut down on waste while simultaneously carrying a necessity items that are both effective and safe for the island.
Our motto with all of it? • LIVE CLEAN • in products we use to clean our homes, what we put on our skin, what we choose to purchase, how we leave the earth for generations to come, in our relationships. It's all very intertwined and matters significantly to us. We sure don't claim to have perfected it in any of these areas but we're learning and growing and desire to set you up for success to do the same.
• To inspire others to live functionally beautiful lives making the most of the small moments that often happen within the very walls of the homes we create.
• We encourage less waste and more sustainable living.
• We support both local makers and fair-trade artisans from afar.
• We value simplicity, a slower lifestyle and kindness.
• We adore lovely scents, textures, natural colors and clean design.
• We care deeply about the whole of our community from kupuna (elderly) to the next generations
• We are grateful for LIFE and creativity & opportunity